Times are interesting. I'm writing about homemade kumquat jam. Excited to share this organic recipe, which doesn't require a grocery store run and reuses pasta jars! Not sour, not too sweet. Our monsters can't have enough!
- Kumquats, oranges, lemons - any other citrus fruit from your yard
- Raw, organic honey
- Water (optional)
- Waffles (optional)
- Reused mason jars
- Wash fruits and cut into small pieces.
- If you have kumquats, you can leave the peels on. However, if you're using oranges or lemons, remove the peels.
- Place the fruits in a pot on low-medium heat.
- Add raw honey to taste, depending on how sweet you want it. If you are allergic to honey, use sweetener alternatives.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and puree in blender.
- Pour mixture into recycled mason jar and into the fridge after it's cooled down.
The jam will last one week tops, since there's no preservatives. This is also high in Vitamin C and perfect for waffle toppings. You can even mix a spoonful into hot water for tea.