Wow, this feels SO good!
We finally carved out some time to brainstorm blog posts and connect with our Wee Monster community. Jakki and I got seriously inspired with all the monthly photoshoots happening. Meeting all the moms. Meeting all the MONSTERS. All the creative juices from our photographers (@retrobelle + @shastindiaz). We friggin' love it all.
Anyway, back to today's real life topic. How the heck are you supposed to wash denim jackets and vests? Not gonna lie - my jackets need to be washed way more than I care to admit. #smallbizproblems
Easy peasy steps:
- Use chemical free detergent - it'll prevent the denim and patches from fading
- Look for detergents with softeners (soft and comfy, right?!)
- Always recommend organic detergent for kiddos with any skin allergies
- Turn the pockets inside out, so they get some action
- Machine wash in cold water with like colors - NO BLEACH
- Hang to dry - the best way, also helps reshape the jacket
- If not, because life is CRAZY, dry on the lowest temperature
Our denim jackets + vests are woven with 95% cotton, 5% spandex. They will shrink in high temperatures. The spandex is for that little extra stretch!
Some little known info about our denim...
The Let's Taco 'Bout It denim is hand drawn! Seriously, I kid you not. Born Rad, Tiger... All these art pieces were sketched, then digitalized. We feel so lucky to have a family of in-house artists. It can get crazy 'round these parts, but we wouldn't want it any other way.
Any denim washing secrets we haven't mentioned? We'd love to hear them.